Sunday, October 7, 2007

My Favorite Movie Genre

My favorite movie genre is Romantic. One reason is that I like to see how a romance develops between characters. Another reason is that I like to guess who will fall in love with whom, and then see if I am right. I prefer Romantic movies that have a happy ending. I also think it is fun to laugh in Romantic Comedies. I enjoy newer movies (like “The Lake House”) and older movies (like “Roman Holiday”—even though the ending isn’t so happy). My favorite Romantic movie of all time is “Pride and Prejudice,” both the 1995 version and the 2005 version. Even though I have seen both movies LOTS of times, I still enjoy the thrill of figuring out when Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy actually fall in love, and whether or not they will get together in the end. Other Romantic movies I like are “Persuasion,” “Sense and Sensibility,” “Emma,” “You’ve Got Mail,” “Ever After,” and “The Princess Bride.”

3 comments:

marc said...

I also like the movie Roman holiday so much, I think it probably is my most favorite movie, I convert and put it into my ipod, so when I have spare time, I will watch it again and again. Also, I like "you've got the mail" so much. It is one of the TomHanks's most touching movies. I not only watch it for many times, but also listen to the songs in that movie a lot of times. Such as "dream"! I watch the lake house recently, it almost make me cry, the story is touching my heart, and the house is also very nice!~glad to see that you have a lot of favorite movies that I also like, I think maybe you also like the movies "Sleepless in Seattle", "when a man loves a woman", "the notebook", and "the bridges of madison country"!

Linda said...

I like a romance movie, too! I think that most women, especially young women,really love to watch a romance movie.

eunyoung's blog said...

In the movie, imaging and guessing whom the man will fall in love with is very interesing. I also saw "You've got the mail". It was very nice.